Staff Me Up is HiringImmediate Opening:
Senior PHP / MySQL / ZF2 Developer for Data-Driven Talent Assessment Platform
Santa Monica, CA
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Staff Me Up
We are a fast-growing start-up that utilizes a data-driven, algorithmic approach to change the way employers use the internet to hire. We LOVE innovating, and we have a lot of fun doing it. We have built a product that really works, we have 65,000 users, we’re profitable, and we're just getting started.
Is This You?
- You've worked at Linked In or a similar professional network and/or you have built ATS systems.
- You have the vision and desire to use big data and analytics to solve a universal pain point for every employer: how to identify the most qualified person from a large pool of appllicants / search results. We're starting with the media/entertainment production market, then expanding...
- You want to join an early-stage startup, and while you love to work hard, work-life balance is important to you, too.
- You live in (or are willing to re-locate right away to) Los Angeles, CA.
KEY SKILLS: PHP 5.3+, Zend-Framework 2, Jquery, Composer, MySQL, CSS
Our PHP Web Developer will be responsible for the full software development life cycle. The development stack is a standard LAMP stack, with PHP 5.3+ experience required. Candidates must have knowledge of the Zend Framework 2 (ZF2), as most projects utilize MVC from ZF2. Knowledge of Composer.
Competitive salary, depending on experience. Benefits and equity can certainly be part of the conversation for the right candidate.
Skills & Requirements
We'd like to find someone with a high degree of knowledge of object-oriented programming with PHP (including namespace support introduced in PHP 5.3), with at least 4 years of solid experience programming PHP.
You should have the ability to 'get around' comfortably in a Linux environment, command-line only. This includes using utilities such as grep, wget, sudo, and so on. Extreme proficiency and/or scripting knowledge isn't required.
We'd like you to have proficiency with MySQL, including ability to create and maintain properly indexed tables and foreign key relationships that make sense and are understandable and maintainable. You should have knowledge of an appropriate level of normalization for a database of 80+ tables requiring more reads than writes.
You must have experience working with the Zend\Db namespace, which includes:
- Proficiency with Zend\Db\Sql\Select, Zend\Db\Sql\Update, Zend\Db\Sql\Delete
- Proficient using the various Zend\Db predicates to construct relatively complex queries
- Proficiency with ORMs utilizing Zend\Db\TableGateway\AbstractTableGateway
We'd like you to understand basic security requirements for a web server, including data sanitization and validation, XSS prevention, etc.
Finally, we're looking for someone who has proficiency with, distributed VCS, specifically Git. This includes understanding: Push, pull, fetch, rebase, commit, merge, diff.
(p.s.: Please don't hold the current design of the site against us... a big re-design will go live next month!)
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please apply to email@example.com — and if you can please indicate how you heard about the opening, and a ballpark salary range expectation based on your experience, that would be very helpful. Thank you!