- Production Company: A-List Production Company
- Rate: Full Rate
- Travel Details: Applicant must be local to the city listed on the job
- Non-Union Job
Dynamic, fast growing production company with offices around the globe. We have multiple departments – TV, Film, Music, Branded Content and Advertising – each of which produces amazing, award-winning work. We are looking for an exceptional individual who can handle our production accounting function in the United States with relation to all Commercials and Music Video job as well as support our continued growth and success. We are in our next phase of transformational growth and are looking for an extraordinary candidate to join us in this fast-paced environment. Production company is based on the west side.
We are open to permanent hire or temp to perm hire. Salary range is ideally 65- 80K DOE. Candidates with exceptional experience may be considered for higher salaries. There is a lot of room for growth, advancement both financially and professionally in this role.
The Production Accountant will be part of the finance team and will responsible project/show accounting and cash flow planning including working with producers and management to ensure proper tracking and accounting.
Please DO NOT respond if you have less than 5 years experience and are not based in Los Angeles and do not have production company experience. THANK YOU!
This position will report to Head of Finance & Operations (USA) and also support the overall accounting team. Duties include but not limited to:
• Liaise with key production personnel in supporting companywide projects and initiatives
• Managing production vendors, crew-payroll liaison with company, reviewing and processing petty cash, processing check requests, job-cost monitoring and reporting, ensuring that all overhead expenses are paid in a timely manner, maintaining effective communication with EPs, Producers, Office Staff and Vendors, researching and resolving any accounting and/or documentation problems and discrepancies, creating P & L statements and cash flow documents, and putting systems and processes into place to support future growth.
• Responsible for supporting day-to-day financial operations such as billing and expense processing (vendor invoices, check requests, credit cards, etc.)
• Assist in month-end activities (revenue and expense recognition, accrual management, deferrals, CAPEX, etc.)
• Develops, enhances and maintains automated or manual systems and procedures to facilitate and support financial operations
• Determines and ensures accuracy of submitted financial data
• Prepare additional reporting and analysis as required by senior management
Desired Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline preferred or relevant experience.
• Knowledge of GAAP in the area of Revenue/Expense/Capital Recognition
• Minimum of 4 years progressive production accounting and G/L experience.
• Experience working within a Creative/Production/Media industry required
• Experience in Commercial Prodcution Accounting a plus
• Experience with project costing required
• Understanding of deferred revenue and expense
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Advanced knowledge of Excel
• Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
• Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment
• Strong partnership and collaborative style with excellent oral, written and presentation skills
• Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects as well as strong follow through skills