Post Production Director Job Description
We are an Emmy winning Post-Production and Creative Services Company producing multiple short-form original series for major cable networks, original content for You Tube, EPKs, feature films, etc. We are seeking a tech-savvy Post-Production Director that is organized, proactive, detail-oriented and professional.
Position reports directly to the CEO.
• Work with the Creative team, editors and clients to create and manage post schedules assets and deliverables.
• Manage the day-to-day workflow for post-production department
• Liaise with Creative Services, editors and clients to create and manage post schedules, edit bays, assets and deliverables
• Organize notes and revisions with clients
• QC and manage deliverables
• Track Physical and Digital Assets
• Digital Asset Management
• Client relations and requests
• Server Media Organization
• Media Sharing Software maintenance and organization
• Shoot specification lists, oversee music cue sheets
• Evaluate and recommend creative postproduction tools/software
• Evaluate department needs and/or problems by combining and applying problem solving analysis and production experience, then recommend efficiencies, procedures and directions
• All other duties as assigned by management
Work may also include:
• Client billing and bids
• Vendor relations
• Budgets and actuals
• Invoice review
• Manage post personnel
• Knowledge of HD/SD formats
• Knowledge of offline and online editing
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Knowledge of post-production workflow
• Management experience
• Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, Final Cut Pro & Avid and video formats and codecs
Flexibility of schedule is needed. Some weekend work may be necessary.