- Title: TMZ Live
- Production Company: Upgrade to View
- Rate: Full Rate
- Travel Details: Applicant must be local to the city listed on the job
- Non-Union Job
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Associate Producer/Booker - TMZ Live
TMZ is looking for an experienced Associate Producer/Booker for our daily television show covering the latest in entertainment and pop culture. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on, self-starter with news or talk show experience, who can effectively manage multiple priorities within a busy, newsroom environment. Having a Public Relations back ground is helpful.
The Associate Producer will be responsible for developing and pitching stories on a daily basis, booking celebrity guests and handling pre-production for our live daily show.
• Book celebrity and general guests for daily show segments
• Research, pitch, and develop daily “out of the box” show concepts and stories
• Daily collaboration with other Production team members, the editorial team, editors and other staff to develop creative news stories
• Contribute and assist other team members with the preparation of detailed scripts/notes for on-air talent
• Other duties, as assigned
• Ideal candidate must have at least 2-4 years of producing and booking experience in a news (preferred), talk show, and/or sports show environment
• Must have strong phone and interpersonal skills, with the ability to connect with celebrities and their representatives (publicists, agents, etc.)
• Ability to leverage strong industry relationships to secure high-profile talent and guests
• Daily show production experience is strongly preferred
• Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task within a fast-paced environment
• Requires solid knowledge of celebrity pop culture, social media, and current entertainment industry trends
• Proficiency in news production tools and an understanding of news production techniques
• Must have excellent organizational and time management skills
• Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
TMZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.