Executive Assistant to Talent Executive
Critical Content is seeking an Executive Assistant to support the SVP of Talent & Casting. This is an ideal position for those with a strong interest in launching a career in casting for unscripted television. The ideal candidate will have prior unscripted television experience, and a demonstrated ability to interact with staff at all levels in a fast-paced environment, under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism.
• Successful candidate will perform administrative and support activities for a busy unscripted television office, including, but not limited to:
o Answering phones, rolling calls for the executive and managing phone sheet.
o Maintaining executive’s address books and schedules.
o Coordinating and managing executive’s schedule, including organizing meetings, events, and conferences.
o Meeting and greeting talent, consultants, vendors, partners, and other department guests.
o Reviewing, creating and managing travel and expense reports, and submitting to appropriate internal parties for payment.
o Managing casting materials (trailers, clips, etc).
o Other team projects and duties, as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Media Studies, TV, film or related field preferred.
• 1-2 years’ previous Assistant experience supporting high-level executives, with a strong preference for those with unscripted television experience, either at an agency, network, or production company.
• A love and passion for all forms of non-scripted/reality TV, with a strong interest in developing a full-time career in unscripted television content development and creation.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and responsibilities in a fast-paced environment, take direction efficiently, and pay strict attention to detail.
• Proficiency in Mac operating system and MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs).
o Knowledge of social media platforms and trends is a plus.
o Experience using Final Cut Pro, Avid, etc. is a plus
o Familiarity with troubleshooting issues with portable devices, such as phones and tablets, is a plus.
• Must possess strong writing skills.
• Demonstrate ability to operate with discretion and interact comfortably with high-profile talent, executives and department guests.
• Excellent phone demeanor and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact well with others, and work effectively either alone or in a team setting.
• Must be able to work flexible hours and overtime, as required.
About Critical Content:
We are creative, innovative, nimble, empowering, risk-taking, visionary, smart, groundbreaking, inclusive and inviting—and we hire the talent to match! Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with Critical Content.
♣ If you thrive on a daily challenge, are “high energy”, and have the required skills and experience listed above, please apply.
♣ Critical Content is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran’s status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.