ABOUT Your Role:
If you have great editing and graphics chops as well as experience with color correction and basic audio mixing, then this is the role for you! It’s an exciting time to join About’s video team as we make a big push into social video and modernize our video programming. As a Video Editor, you’ll be charged with editing engaging web video audiences want to watch and share across every platform. You will be a creative team player who has knowledge of the entire Adobe suite (Premiere, After Effects, Audition, Photoshop, etc) and can edit quickly with a keen eye for design, text and graphic aesthetics. The role is part time to full time; freelance with potential for growth. Start time is actually flexible; duration is ongoing. If you're a fast editor and you have a good sense of pacing and design, we have lots of videos that need editing.
ABOUT Your Contributions:
● As a big fan of web video and video publishers (from Tastemade to CNN to Vox) you will bring a fresh look and feel to our videos and a can-do approach to getting those videos out into the world, fast.
● You’ll collaborate with video producers to deliver videos tailored for varying goals including: developing new audiences, increasing time spent on our sites, encouraging sharing, and promoting brands.
● You’ll own multiple elements of post-production including editing, GFX creation, researching stock clips, audio mixing, color correction, uploading, and asset management.
● Mastery of Premiere and an ability to turn edits around lightning fast. Advanced text motion and After Effects skills.
● Current and stylish design/edit sensibility in terms of pacing, music, graphics and text. Bonus points for experience creating Lifestyle content.
● Technical proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator and other Adobe Suite products as well as solid color correcting skills. Knowledge of Audition with ability to polish up audio.
● Earnest interest in and knowledge of web video and popular YouTube, Facebook, Snapchat and Instagram channels.
● 2+ years experience editing video professionally for a digital publisher, production house or digital content company.
● Bonus points for producing experience and owning videos from start to finish.
About.com is reimagining the way people find expert advice and answers online. Through its premium vertical brands including Verywell, The Balance, Lifewire and its namesake About.com, we help tens of millions of users each month answer questions, solve problems, learn something new and find inspiration on topics they deeply care about.