- Title: World Science Festival
- Production Company: Upgrade to View
- Rate: Full Rate
- Travel Details: Applicant must be local to the city listed on the job
- Non-Union Job
About The World Science Festival:
The World Science Foundation (the “Foundation”) produces original live and digital content that brings scientific discovery, insight and perspective to a broad general audience.
Our flagship live event, The World Science Festival, is an unprecedented annual tribute to imagination, ingenuity and inventiveness. Through programming that spans a broad range—from vibrant discussions and debates to works of theatre and film—world-class scientists, leading thinkers, and renowned artists take science out of the laboratory and into the streets, theaters, museums, and public halls of New York City, making the esoteric understandable and the familiar fascinating. The week-long New York Festival has drawn more than a million and a half visitors since its launch in 2008, with millions more viewing the programs online.
The Foundation’s live events and theatrical productions tour nationally and internationally. In March 2016, the Foundation launched the World Science Festival Brisbane, bringing its distinctive programming to new audiences and establishing the first annual Festival outside of New York.
World Science U is the Foundation’s online education initiative, where students and lifelong learners can dive more deeply through artfully produced digital education content presented by world-renowned scientists.
The World Science Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization headquartered in New York City.
Reporting to the Senior Program Producers in the Editorial Department, the Production Assistant will offer administrative and logistical support on all programs assigned to the team. Working closely with the Editorial Production team to ensure deadlines are met, the Production Assistant will possess strong communication and organizational skills with experience supporting live events, theater, or television productions.
• In coordination with Program Producer, organize work-flow and identify milestones for every phase of program development, from initial R&D to final program production.
• Assisting in the creation, design, research and dissemination of program related web and outreach material.
• Arrange and attend meetings with Program Producers and potential Festival participants and/or partners.
• Attend Festival and support the successful production of programmed events and needs of participants.
• Keeping program materials, schedules, databases and other administrative documentation up to date.
• Assisting in the development of film, multi-media, performance and exhibition elements for live programs.
Qualifications And Special Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline.
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
• Highly organized and able to handle multiple, time-sensitive tasks.
• Science background a plus.
• Proficient with standard Microsoft Office Suite products.
• Ability to work long hours under deadline pressure.
• Self-starter able to work independently or as part of a team.
• Minimum of 2-3 years experience as a Production Assistant or in Event Planning.