- Production Company: Upgrade to View
- Rate: Full Rate
- Travel Details: Applicant must be local to the city listed on the job
- Non-Union Job
Digital Product Studio is a startup company specialized in building online education and digital products for niche audiences in the creative arts. The company is rapidly growing, with studios now open in the Los Angeles, Seattle, and New York areas. Meg Bitton Live is part of Digital Product Studio, and provides online education for portrait photographers, focused on children, family, and maternity photography.
For Meg Bitton Live, we are seeking a Technical Director on a freelance, but recurring basis, to join our solid, local team to call and switch our multi-day live broadcasts.
The content takes two forms: "Classroom" and "Photoshoots"
• With the Classroom stuff, these are kind of like mini pop-up TED style talks: multi-cam, small audience (10 or 12 people), and are done in a small studio. They’re often a series of mini talks about photography, creative approach, or Photoshop demos.
• The Photoshoots can happen in studio or in the field. They're still multi-cam, but to capture what's happening, the camera work is a lot more fluid/flexible (a.k.a. on monopods and such). After broadcasted, all content is then put online.
About 1-3 times a month we'll do a single- or multi-day workshop that we document and broadcast, and each broadcast has about 5 cameras. Currently, our Executive Producer is flying all over the country to run these broadcasts, but it’s become too much for one person!
Overall, we're looking for someone who:
• Knows Black Magic ATEM
• Has experience calling and switching shows
• Can direct the cam ops to set up the needed shots and take lead on the visual aesthetic of the broadcast
• Is familiar enough with multi-cam broadcast setups that they could lead the team to build/breakdown the setup
• Is familiar with broadcast technology, like Wirecast, Ustream, etc. (our Broadcast Tech will run it, but we’re looking for someone who's familiar with these pieces of the puzzle)
• Excels at multi-tasking and thrives under pressure
• Will have a startup, team-player mentality
• Is a cool person who likes working with other cool people
Our company culture:
We are looking for exceptional people who can roll with the punches and adjust on the fly. All of our employees are cool people with positive, can-do attitudes, where everyone is willing to help everyone for the good of the production. For the right candidate, this could turn into a full-time employee opportunity.
• Competitive pay
• Travel reimbursement to our Tenafly, NJ studio
• Travel reimbursement for on-location shoots