12 MORE Signs You Work in the TV & Film IndustryShare this article:
Last year we brought you the tell-tale 13 Signs That You Work in the TV & Film Industry. Our vociferous bunch of Facebook Commenters, however, pointed out that we totally missed a plethora of other signs, so thanks to them, we are now proud to bring you: 12 MORE UNMISTAKEABLE SIGNS that you are a part of this totally unpredictable, painfully lovely and wonderfully stressful world known as... Production.
1) You cringe when you see someone recording a video with their phone held vertically
... and you just can't anymore.
2) You know that anything can be fixed with gaff tape
... and if the gaff-window breaks, fix it with... more gaff tape.
3) You get more W-2s than paychecks
4) Even though you don't work for the government you're not allowed to talk about your work
... but chances are that both you and the CIA are working on something titled "Alien Bikini Project".
5) When you're about to meet up with your friends you say you're "flying in"
... and it's not because you think you're Maverick.
6) You can complete any task while holding a cup of coffee
... or this.
7) Nothing makes you giddier than hearing someone say "martini shot"
... it means you're that much closer to getting shots that do start with "T" or "V" and have nothing to do with T.V.
8) You know what a 10-2 is
... and you respect the 10-2.
9) You have mastered the art of eating pizza over a garbage can
... which is a skill that comes in handy even on your days off.
10) You get home and realize you have the keys to the camera truck in your pocket
11) Your evening wear consists of your best show swag
(That shirt might be free but those shoes cost $200.)
12) You actually sit through the credits of TV shows and movies
... only to find out they didn't credit you.
If you know of some more good signs that you work in the TV & Film Industry, add them to the comments below!
More Great Articles
"Staff Me Up is the only site I use on my job hunt. They always have professional jobs, and they make it super easy to search, apply for, and keep track of jobs. I typically book an average of 2 jobs (usually 2-4 days each) per month from Staff Me Up, which pays for a premium membership well over. ...MORE... Staff Me Up continuously adds more features and makes it even easier to find work. I will be a member for years to come."
"I love Staff Me Up because the jobs posted are legitimate. I applied to four jobs and got two: the last one was an exciting shoot in Ogden, UT and the crew was professional and friendly. I recommend Staff Me Up to all my film buddies now. "
"In my opinion, Staff Me Up is currently the best job site for professional video production jobs. Before Staff Me Up I frequently used Craigslist to my frustration and dismay, which was always a mixed bag of never knowing who is or isn't legitimate. Using this site has helped me shoot on numerous ne ...MORE...twork shows, as well as, connect with some amazing companies that I now work with on a regular basis. I also can't speak highly enough about the paid account features. Job tracking, cover letters, the ability to see if you're being considered and numerous other great features are well worth the price. I tell all my production friends, it only takes one job and it's already pays for itself. Anyone looking for an easy way to find legitimate video production work online can find everything they need on Staff Me Up"