12 MORE Signs You Work in the TV & Film IndustryShare this article:
Last year we brought you the tell-tale 13 Signs That You Work in the TV & Film Industry. Our vociferous bunch of Facebook Commenters, however, pointed out that we totally missed a plethora of other signs, so thanks to them, we are now proud to bring you: 12 MORE UNMISTAKEABLE SIGNS that you are a part of this totally unpredictable, painfully lovely and wonderfully stressful world known as... Production.
1) You cringe when you see someone recording a video with their phone held vertically
... and you just can't anymore.
2) You know that anything can be fixed with gaff tape
... and if the gaff-window breaks, fix it with... more gaff tape.
3) You get more W-2s than paychecks
4) Even though you don't work for the government you're not allowed to talk about your work
... but chances are that both you and the CIA are working on something titled "Alien Bikini Project".
5) When you're about to meet up with your friends you say you're "flying in"
... and it's not because you think you're Maverick.
6) You can complete any task while holding a cup of coffee
... or this.
7) Nothing makes you giddier than hearing someone say "martini shot"
... it means you're that much closer to getting shots that do start with "T" or "V" and have nothing to do with T.V.
8) You know what a 10-2 is
... and you respect the 10-2.
9) You have mastered the art of eating pizza over a garbage can
... which is a skill that comes in handy even on your days off.
10) You get home and realize you have the keys to the camera truck in your pocket
11) Your evening wear consists of your best show swag
(That shirt might be free but those shoes cost $200.)
12) You actually sit through the credits of TV shows and movies
... only to find out they didn't credit you.
If you know of some more good signs that you work in the TV & Film Industry, add them to the comments below!
More Great Articles
"Because Staff Me Up sent out an email alerting me to jobs nearby, I was able to react fast when I saw one close by in Utah. Obviously big companies trust StaffMeUp because the job I got was legitimate: a reality/documentary TV show that I was honored to work on. Thanks for the alerts, Staff Me Up!!
"I had just moved to a new city and Staff Me Up notified me of a job the next day and I was hired the day after that. This website really works!"
"Staff Me Up definitely helps to keep my schedule full. It is well worth the subscription price. So if you want a great return on your investment sign up today. They provide the leads, you apply ... you get gigs."