12 MORE Signs You Work in the TV & Film IndustryShare this article:
Last year we brought you the tell-tale 13 Signs That You Work in the TV & Film Industry. Our vociferous bunch of Facebook Commenters, however, pointed out that we totally missed a plethora of other signs, so thanks to them, we are now proud to bring you: 12 MORE UNMISTAKEABLE SIGNS that you are a part of this totally unpredictable, painfully lovely and wonderfully stressful world known as... Production.
1) You cringe when you see someone recording a video with their phone held vertically
... and you just can't anymore.
2) You know that anything can be fixed with gaff tape
... and if the gaff-window breaks, fix it with... more gaff tape.
3) You get more W-2s than paychecks
4) Even though you don't work for the government you're not allowed to talk about your work
... but chances are that both you and the CIA are working on something titled "Alien Bikini Project".
5) When you're about to meet up with your friends you say you're "flying in"
... and it's not because you think you're Maverick.
6) You can complete any task while holding a cup of coffee
... or this.
7) Nothing makes you giddier than hearing someone say "martini shot"
... it means you're that much closer to getting shots that do start with "T" or "V" and have nothing to do with T.V.
8) You know what a 10-2 is
... and you respect the 10-2.
9) You have mastered the art of eating pizza over a garbage can
... which is a skill that comes in handy even on your days off.
10) You get home and realize you have the keys to the camera truck in your pocket
11) Your evening wear consists of your best show swag
(That shirt might be free but those shoes cost $200.)
12) You actually sit through the credits of TV shows and movies
... only to find out they didn't credit you.
If you know of some more good signs that you work in the TV & Film Industry, add them to the comments below!
More Great Articles
"I have ratcheted my career up to the next level with Staff Me Up. In the year that I've been on this site, I've increased my business by about 325%. It has done wonders."
"As with many experiences I've had previously with Staff Me Up, I was impressed with how quickly and efficiently I was able to secure a job opportunity through the website.
After submitting my application for a job posting, I was contacted within 48 hours by the employer that he was interested in ...MORE...hiring me. Following a brief conversation about pay rate and job expectations, I was hired!!!
I've been using Staff Me Up to find employment in the film/tv industry for over two years now, and it continues to be a valuable resource to me as a freelance professional. While I have now built up enough of a resume/network to only occasionally require the use of the website, I know that if I ever need to find a job quickly, I can rely on StaffMeUp to be the reliable tool I need!
I continue to recommend StaffMeUp to both job posters seeking reliable staff members as well as my peers seeking work with a reliable job posting website."
"SMU was such a good investment for my career! It gives you tons of jobs at your fingertips and allows you to present the best you to employers and production companies. Thank you Staff Me Up!"