12 MORE Signs You Work in the TV & Film IndustryShare this article:
Last year we brought you the tell-tale 13 Signs That You Work in the TV & Film Industry. Our vociferous bunch of Facebook Commenters, however, pointed out that we totally missed a plethora of other signs, so thanks to them, we are now proud to bring you: 12 MORE UNMISTAKEABLE SIGNS that you are a part of this totally unpredictable, painfully lovely and wonderfully stressful world known as... Production.
1) You cringe when you see someone recording a video with their phone held vertically
... and you just can't anymore.
2) You know that anything can be fixed with gaff tape
... and if the gaff-window breaks, fix it with... more gaff tape.
3) You get more W-2s than paychecks
4) Even though you don't work for the government you're not allowed to talk about your work
... but chances are that both you and the CIA are working on something titled "Alien Bikini Project".
5) When you're about to meet up with your friends you say you're "flying in"
... and it's not because you think you're Maverick.
6) You can complete any task while holding a cup of coffee
... or this.
7) Nothing makes you giddier than hearing someone say "martini shot"
... it means you're that much closer to getting shots that do start with "T" or "V" and have nothing to do with T.V.
8) You know what a 10-2 is
... and you respect the 10-2.
9) You have mastered the art of eating pizza over a garbage can
... which is a skill that comes in handy even on your days off.
10) You get home and realize you have the keys to the camera truck in your pocket
11) Your evening wear consists of your best show swag
(That shirt might be free but those shoes cost $200.)
12) You actually sit through the credits of TV shows and movies
... only to find out they didn't credit you.
If you know of some more good signs that you work in the TV & Film Industry, add them to the comments below!
More Great Articles
"I got an email notification about a shoot that a production company had just posted. It looked like what I'm going after so I sent in my profile and cover letter. Within an hour I picked up 3 days of work at full rate. Staff Me Up makes it easy!!!"
"Staff Me Up is AWESOME! It makes finding new gigs and working with new people and projects much easier! I love the profile layout and how we get display our credits and experience. I work on a variety of projects from large to small. The most recent gig I got off SMU is a smaller one, creating a ...MORE... highlight video for Surface Medias new release with Richard Branson.
I love working with new people and on inspiring projects and Staff Me Up makes it easy and fun to network!!! Way to Go Staff Me Up, keep on Rocking!"
"Staff Me Up, is great for big or small production opportunities. If they post a job you know it's legit and worth your time and efforts. It really works, I have booked multiple jobs that were life changing and rewarding. So glad I create an account and just applied!"