13 Signs You Work in the TV & Film IndustryShare this article:
What are the tell tale signs that you work in the TV & Film Industry?
The TV & Film Production industry is an amazing ride that can take you to some wild places. Each day is different from the next, and the work is exciting, creative and the reason you shied away from those 9 to 5 jobs. With the help of our Facebook followers, we have put together this one-of-a-kind list of tell-tale signs that you work in the one and only... Industry.
1) 7 AM Call Time is considered "Sleeping In"
Silver linings, people.
2) You use "Stand By" and "Copy That" in your everyday life
Learn it, love it, live it... literally.
3) You base your household light bulb purchases on color temperature
I really want a daylight feel in the foyer...
4) You regularly walk around with Gaff Tape and C-47's attached to your clothing
It's very fashionable in the G&E world.
5) Your fridge is empty and you have no clean underwear
Just go commando, and if you can just make it until tomorrow's call time, there will probably be bagels!
6) People that wrap cables wrong irritate you
7) When you can't watch a Movie or TV Show without finding lighting, editing or sound issues
Continuity, continuity, continuity...
8) Your turn arounds are so short you can't get your phone fully charged
9) You state "Striking" when turning on your kitchen light
It's ok, your partner is used to it by now.
10) You can never get to a bank during business hours
I guess this is where that 9 to 5 thing would come in handy.
11) You know where all the closest Starbucks are
The crew's happiness is based on this knowledge.
12) Work, drink, sleep, repeat.
Work hard, party harder.
13) You have no idea what day of the week it is
It's shoot day 4 of 12. Duh.
If you know of some more good signs that you work in the TV & Film Industry, feel free to comment below!
More Great Articles
"In the middle of the day I received a call from a producer from Siren's Media who had seen my profile on Staff Me Up. After a brief interview, I sent her a resume and was soon after offered the position of Production Assistant. Just having a profile on Staff Me Up is a great thing, you never know ...MORE...who is looking!"
"Staff Me Up works. I applied for a Location Sound Recordist job with Big Ten Network and was employed within 24 hours. They paid my rate and were good people to work for.
I highly recommend trying Staff Me Up for your freelance employment endeavors."
"I have successfully booked 2 jobs off this site. Without Staff Me Up I would have never gotten this amazing opportunity to be Key Make Up Artist for this commercial/ad. It has added to my resume and will be a blast. Thanks Staff Me Up!"