13 Signs You Work in the TV & Film IndustryShare this article:
What are the tell tale signs that you work in the TV & Film Industry?
The TV & Film Production industry is an amazing ride that can take you to some wild places. Each day is different from the next, and the work is exciting, creative and the reason you shied away from those 9 to 5 jobs. With the help of our Facebook followers, we have put together this one-of-a-kind list of tell-tale signs that you work in the one and only... Industry.
1) 7 AM Call Time is considered "Sleeping In"
Silver linings, people.
2) You use "Stand By" and "Copy That" in your everyday life
Learn it, love it, live it... literally.
3) You base your household light bulb purchases on color temperature
I really want a daylight feel in the foyer...
4) You regularly walk around with Gaff Tape and C-47's attached to your clothing
It's very fashionable in the G&E world.
5) Your fridge is empty and you have no clean underwear
Just go commando, and if you can just make it until tomorrow's call time, there will probably be bagels!
6) People that wrap cables wrong irritate you
7) When you can't watch a Movie or TV Show without finding lighting, editing or sound issues
Continuity, continuity, continuity...
8) Your turn arounds are so short you can't get your phone fully charged
9) You state "Striking" when turning on your kitchen light
It's ok, your partner is used to it by now.
10) You can never get to a bank during business hours
I guess this is where that 9 to 5 thing would come in handy.
11) You know where all the closest Starbucks are
The crew's happiness is based on this knowledge.
12) Work, drink, sleep, repeat.
Work hard, party harder.
13) You have no idea what day of the week it is
It's shoot day 4 of 12. Duh.
If you know of some more good signs that you work in the TV & Film Industry, feel free to comment below!
More Great Articles
"Staff Me Up is the only site I use on my job hunt. They always have professional jobs, and they make it super easy to search, apply for, and keep track of jobs. I typically book an average of 2 jobs (usually 2-4 days each) per month from Staff Me Up, which pays for a premium membership well over. ...MORE... Staff Me Up continuously adds more features and makes it even easier to find work. I will be a member for years to come."
"Staff Me Up has been a great resource! I get notifications regularly about production shoots in my area, and as a result, I've worked with some really interesting, talented people."
"When I was relying solely on referrals I would get some work, but with Staff Me Up I get ALL THE WORK. Too much work. Jobs 4 dayz!"