- Rate: Full Rate
- Travel Details: Applicant must be local to the city listed on the job
- Non-Union Job
Assistant Production Accountant
A TV Production Company based in NYC and specializing in unscripted programming seeks an Assistant Production Accountant. The Assistant Production Accountant will work closely with the Line Producers, Production Managers, Post Supervisor and report directly to Manager of Finance.
Summary of Functions:
The Assistant Production Accountant will be responsible for assisting in the day to day accounting for all current productions. The ideal candidate is a team player, with excellent communication skills and a strong work ethic. Candidates should demonstrate a desire for a long-term career path in media with an emphasis on accounting/finance.
Essential job responsibilities:
* Handle all Accounts Payable functions such as vendor setup, purchase order input, audit, and input of invoices
* Answers inquires to vendors regarding outstanding payments
* Collect, organize, and approve payroll paperwork including start paperwork and weekly timecards for submission
* Communicate frequently with production team on outstanding items related to payment of invoices and processing of payroll.
* Investigate and resolve open issues with payables, payroll, etc.
* Review and properly code monthly AMEX, T&E, expenses, shipping, etc as directed by the finance manager
* Support finance manager as needed to maintain the accuracy of the production’s general ledger
* Helps to re-assign coding to correct budget
* Assist in creating and maintaining wrap binders for projects
* Maintain accurate and organized filing system
* Other duties may apply based on production needs
Skills & Qualifications:
* Must be a self-starter with extreme attention to detail, excellent follow-through, and a willingness to learn.
* Must be well-organized and be able to multi-task and meet deadlines.
* Must have strong Excel skills and knowledgeable in other basic computer programs.
* Strong ability to interface with different departments in a professional manner.
• Understanding of basic accounting concepts
• Previous work experience in production accounting
• College degree in finance or accounting preferred but not required