Epic is looking for an enthusiastic assistant to support our VP of Operations and Founders. We are looking for someone who is organized, thoughtful, autonomously super effective, pays incredible attention to detail, seems wise beyond their years, and can divine order from chaos.
Does this sound like you? If so, read on:
Epic is a digital publication and film and television production company. It was founded by Joshuah Bearman and Joshua Davis, two well-established magazine writers and producers who have had nearly 30 stories optioned for film and television projects. One of those stories, a true spy caper by Joshuah Bearman, became the film ARGO. Which was good, successful, and won all kinds of awards! That was satisfying.
Our stories start as narrative non-fiction pieces. Then we often bring them into film and television development. We also have a documentary production department, with funding from Google and other high profile clientele that enable us to do projects of various kinds around the world.
So there’s a lot going on, and we need someone to help keep the place running smoothly.
This position will entail all kinds of things, from scheduling errands (personal and professional), to meticulous office maintenance. You will also be organizing contracts, ordering office supplies, assisting with editorial organization, helping with documentary production (scheduling, staffing) to special projects (like designing, the office kitchen area), to many other things we can’t think of right now.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW:
1) You will be paid American (US) dollars, commensurate with experience!
2) You will be working very closely with the VP of Operations. She is very detail orientated and you should be as well.
3) We are a fantastic and creative group of people!
4) The office is right near the Bart.
THINGS YOU SHOULD BE:
1) Meticulous, accurate, and calm in the face of the swirling circus that is Epic.
2) An excellent communicator. Bonus points for even more excellent skills in writing.
3) A good planner, strategic and organized. We have A LOT of things, people, ideas, and projects to keep track of around here. So we need someone who can synthesize verbal and ambient chatter between Epic staff into coherent, detailed plans.
4) Someone who is unafraid of dealing with paperwork, phone trees, sorting out weird banking problems, and bureaucracy in general.
5) A very resourceful problem solver.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
1) Maintaining appointments and schedules, efficiently handling changes and communication with all parties
2) Comprehensive administrative support. Travel arrangements. Expense management.
3) Project management.
4) Managing spreadsheets and deadlines.
5) This job is, first and foremost, support. That will be the bulk of the day. But if you have an idea, or ability, or great instinct that helps with a story, or a film project, or anything else we do, or should be doing, then great! We want to hear about it.
Send a cover letter with a short narrative of your history, how this job fits into your plans, and your resume.