Fast learning and flexible freelance Assistant Editors required on varied editing projects for VICE's in-house Brand Studio. You will work with a team on a diverse range of projects, from :30 second pre-roll, to full-length documentaries. Clients include ABI, Samsung, Unilever, Diageo, and more. Comfort with AE duties in Adobe Premiere Pro a must, and knowledge of Avid workflows is helpful.
- Syncing/logging transcoded footage for various projects.
- Pulling selects for editors and creating stringouts for transcription and translation.
- Screen capturing footage for internal reels.
- Gathering, organizing, and transcoding archival footage for projects.
- Quality control checking outgoing deliverables
- Troubleshooting tech issues (Editors' access to server, font installs, exports).
- Preparing projects for finishing, conform, and delivery in various formats.
- Reorganizing projects for final archive, and maintaining internal project databases.
- Uploading exports for final posting and reviews to FrameIO.
- Syncing soft-caption files and subtitling pieces.
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION:
- 1+ years experience at a post production vendor servicing brands. Internal ad agency experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere and the Creative Suite.
- Ideal candidate is detail oriented, extremely organized, and adapts to change with ease.
- Knowledge of the current global media environment and the VICE brand is a must.
- Ability to multi-task under strict deadlines.
- Proactive attitude and strong time management skills required.
- Operates well independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Uploading deliverables and internal postings to Frame.IO and various review platforms.
- Knowledge of delivering formats for social platforms (Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience uploading and downloading from FTP servers
- Language skills are a plus.
- Knowledge of captioning workflows (XMLs, SRTs) is a plus.