- Title: World Science Festival
- Production Company: Upgrade to View
- Rate: Full Rate
- Travel Details: Applicant must be local to the city listed on the job
- Non-Union Job
About The World Science Festival:
The World Science Foundation (the “Foundation”) produces original live and digital content that brings scientific discovery, insight and perspective to a broad general audience.
Our flagship live event, The World Science Festival, is an unprecedented annual tribute to imagination, ingenuity and inventiveness. Through programming that spans a broad range—from vibrant discussions and debates to works of theatre and film—world-class scientists, leading thinkers, and renowned artists take science out of the laboratory and into the streets, theaters, museums, and public halls of New York City, making the esoteric understandable and the familiar fascinating. The week-long New York Festival has drawn more than a million and a half visitors since its launch in 2008, with millions more viewing the programs online.
The Foundation’s live events and theatrical productions tour nationally and internationally. In March 2016, the Foundation launched the World Science Festival Brisbane, bringing its distinctive programming to new audiences and establishing the first annual Festival outside of New York.
World Science U is the Foundation’s online education initiative, where students and lifelong learners can dive more deeply through artfully produced digital education content presented by world-renowned scientists.
The World Science Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization headquartered in New York City.
Reporting to the Director of Programming and various Program Producers, the
Associate Producer will offer creative and administrative support for live event programs. Working closely with Producers, the Associate producer will possess strong editorial, research, production and fact checking skills. Additionally, Associate Producer will be responsible for managing the database for guests, locations, props, facilities and transportation requirements for live event guests, particularly during the Festival. The Associate Producer will ensure that each live program has all the elements required to go live on stage.
• Research, interview and book potential Festival participants
• Plan and execute live event programming
• Assist in the development of program structure and focus
• Assist in the development of film, multi-media, performance elements for live programs
• Assist in the research, design, writing, and dissemination of program-related web and outreach material
• Research and report on scientific content
• Manage all records pertaining to assigned programs
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications And Special Requirements:
• Strong written, verbal, organizational skills
• Science background required.
• Highly organized and able to handle multiple, time-sensitive tasks
• Strong background in journalism or production (TV, digital, live, etc) a plus
• Knowledge and experience in live event production.
• Superb integrity and professionalism.
• Self-starter able to work independently or as part of a team in a dynamic work environment