We Believe in Diversity and Inclusion
Staff Me Up’s goal is to help rewrite the rules of hiring, in service of a fairer, less insular and more equitable and diverse industry. We are committed to building tools and to forging partnerships that will empower the people and the organizations that make up our production community, as we strive together to turn this goal into a reality.
We have partnered with the following Diversity Advocacy Organizations to ensure that job opportunities are widely shared, broadening the pool of available talent for media companies to hire:
If you are a member of a Diversity Advocacy Organization, you can now add your affiliation to your Staff Me Up profile in order to be included in this initiative.
We Believe in Learning
Staff Me Up has partnered with Hue You Know to provide the following ways for companies to learn about how Equity and Belonging set the foundation for enhanced creativity, productivity, psychological safety and employee retention:
- A free introductory consultation regarding available services and resources
- Consulting resources to address equity, inclusion and belonging
- Training and educational programs and workshops
Contact us to learn more
We Believe in Action
The following media companies have committed to inclusive and equitable hiring practices, including the distribution of all available positions via Staff Me Up's network and partner Diversity Advocacy Organizations.
Our Alliance with NPACT
Staff Me Up has established a strategic alliance with NPACT to provide tools and a concierge service for production companies that are committed to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. Staff Me Up’s concierge service and tools will help productions with the following:
- Distribute all available positions to Staff Me Up’s partner Diversity Advocacy Organizations.
- Broaden talent pool for current and future positions by facilitating meetings and interviews with candidates from our partner Organizations.
Our Company pledges to incorporate Staff Me Up’s Diversity & Inclusion Initiative into our hiring workflow, including:
1. Post all available positions on Staff Me Up to promote equal access to employment opportunities for all SMU users and members of SMU's partner Diversity Advocacy Organizations, broadening the talent pool for hiring with more diverse candidates outside of our standard network.
2. Interview a minimum of 5 job applicants from historically underrepresented backgrounds for projects with 10 or more open positions, and make best efforts to interview such applicants for all available positions.
3. Schedule a consultation with SMU’s partner Hue You Know, a BIPOC advancement and mentorship organization, to learn more about their DEI&B consultancy services.
4. Participate in NPACT D&I Surveys. To measure growth and improvement in diversity in hiring and retention within nonfiction production, NPACT (the association for nonfiction production companies doing business in the U.S. and the leader in promoting best practices in nonfiction production) will collect and aggregate pertinent employment data from the production community at regular intervals moving forward.